In the early days of this B2B marketing blog I wrote a post about social media called “Getting over our own marketing bias.”
In the post I clearly stated that I didn’t “get” social media. I couldn’t see what benefits it brings to B2B marketing. Of course, because I recognize my bias, I work hard to read about and understand the value of social media and be open minded about its value to integrated B2B marketing strategies.
B2B marketers who do not properly test this channel for lead generation are being as narrow-minded as I was about social media. I’m here to help them get over this bias with this quick Quiz. It’s designed to help B2B marketers discover if their bias is getting in the way of their marketing success.
Answer these seven quick questions now and see the result at the bottom.
- My company sells B2B products or services into definable universes that can be classified using firmagraphics such as industry, number of employees, annual sales, years in business, etc.
- My marketing budget can cover a cost of $1 to $5 per contact to generate a direct response from qualified prospects.
- I want the opportunity to generate 1% to 2% response to my lead generation efforts.
- I am willing to spend more than $5 per contact for the opportunity to generate as much as a 10% response rate of qualified prospects.
- I can cover the cost of a $25,000 direct mail campaign by making just one or two sales.
- I have a list of respondents to my other marketing programs that I haven’t been able to reach via phone or email.
- Sales has identified a finite number of top prospects with whom they want to have a conversation.
If B2B marketers answer “yes” to just one of these seven B2B marketing questions, I can pretty much guarantee that their company is missing what could easily be one of its most productive marketing tools.