The title of David Scott’s new book “The New Rules of Lead Generation: Proven Strategies to Maximize Marketing ROI” is a bit misleading. It doesn’t just cover the new rules of lead generation marketing that involve LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. It covers all the channels and all the practices necessary to achieve successful B2B marketing lead generation.
As the CEO and founder of Marketfish, David Scott knows his stuff. When he took marketing courses at the Wharton School, all he learned about was brand marketing. Thrown into a B2B marketing position when the CMO left the $3.5 billion publicly traded software company where he worked, he had to learn fast. Over the years he has discovered the value of data, testing and measurement for all channels. He now shares his knowledge and experience in this comprehensive lead generation marketing handbook.
B2B marketers must read and share this book if they:
- Have been so focused on entering social media — or any other single media or tactic — that other necessary lead generation channels have been neglected.
- Want a comprehensive refresher course on B2B marketing best practices to ensure that nothing valuable has been missed.
- Have beginners on their team who need to learn what effective lead generation is all about.
- Need to better understand the importance of data, brand, B2B marketing math and all the other elements that turn million-dollar companies into multi-billion-dollar companies.
- Are worried that they’re missing one of the seven most successful lead-generation approaches that companies are using today.
- Have budget limitations and want to focus lead gen dollars on tactics that can maximize the return.
- Want a handy list of how-tos on any aspect of lead generation marketing.
Highly readable and very informative, this book doesn’t miss a beat. I recommend it for every member of every B2B marketing team — beginner or expert — wanting to maximize the success and the ROI of their company’s lead generation.