Not long ago every invitation I received to every Webinar and marketing event focused on social media. Now the hot topic seems to be mobile marketing. These are just two new channels that expand the options in the world of integrated B2B marketing. They have become part of the fundamentals that successful B2B businesses must implement.
He points out what we all know — B2B buyers have more options than ever before for finding solutions to their business challenges. Because of that, it’s more essential than ever to follow these fundamentals outlined by Velocity Partners.
- Content Marketing: converting your insight into campaigns that change people’s minds
- Analytics: measuring everything that moves in your marketing (and the stuff that doesn’t)
- A/B Testing: backing your hunches with real-life data — and responding accordingly
- Lead Nurturing: cultivating your prospects until they are ready to take the next step in their buying journey with you
- Search: getting found using the terms your prospects use when they go looking for answers
- Community: hanging out (and contributing) in the places where your prospects go for trusted advice
Although many of today’s B2B marketers are using content, it’s surprising how many are not and are simply just trying to sell product. These days, only companies with no competition can afford to do that. In regards to analytics, online click-thrus may be counted, but how many B2B marketers are tracking the lead and lead source all the way to a sale? How many are tracking cost-per-lead and cost-per-sale, both critical marketing measurement tools.
Now is the time to be planning for 2012. When marketers are putting together their plan for the next year, they should build it around these six key essentials.